Re: Startup splash screen..

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:03:41 +0200, Daniel Pekelharing <legendstar gmail com> wrote:

I want to implement a simple startup splash screen for my app, a simple
border-less window with an image which displays for a few seconds...

It's really nothing complicated to implement, just a simple timer to
close the window or something like that..

This is not the way to do it. The function of a splash screen is to entertain/inform the user while the application performs some necessary start-up functions, not to keep him from working while a no-op timer runs out.

If your application doesn't have a sufficiently lengthy startup time, don't make a splash screen.

--Daniel