Re: RADiola, a GTK RAD tool

Hello all!

QuickDump says that the RADiola User Guide was downloaded 56 times. I would like to thank all of you who had interest on it, specially to Atanas Atanasof and Santhosh, who have written to me.

Well, I have to say that RADiola, as described in the User Guide, still does NOT exist. This User Guide is a quick preview of what it is *planned* to be. You might call this a variation of reverse engineering :) The (sad) reality is that I am only a hobbyist programmer (in fact I'm a TV reporter in the Politics area!), with little GTK experience, and still had no time for writing more than a few lines of code. I surely am among the public who would really like if there was something like RADiola :)

But there isn´t, and I strongly want RADiola to become true. And I am humbly asking for help, as I admit my incapacity of doing a "one man effort" for bringing RADiola to life. I have already created a big part of the user interface in Glade, and I am currently writing a Development Guide with some concepts and details for things like the XML file format and such -- I just feel more comfortable in planning those things before, and then going to code.

If anyone would be interested in joining the project, please send me an e-mail, and I'll send the Development Guide as soon as it is (partially) ready. If you have an area of interest or a special ability in GTK programming, please say it. Maybe I´ll create a forum, or mailing list, Yahoo Group or anything alike for the project. I had already included the project in SourceForge, as Santhosh suggested, but I still CAN´T deal with it -- I tried to install Mambo for creating the RADiola site in SF but it did not work yet. And I still did not study CVS enough to understand and use it. As you see, ANY help is welcome :)

Thank you very much and best regards!

Fabricio Rocha
Brasilia, Brasil

_______________________________________________________ Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com