Re: Emitting signals

On 7/14/06, Supreet Mysore infineon com <Supreet Mysore infineon com> wrote:
I am creating a application where there is a text editor and a button.
On  clicking the button, the backspace signal has to triggered for text
editor so that it deletes the last character.
Can any one tell me how I can emit signal from one widget to another.

This is not a good solution: it will be fragile and hard to control.

A much better solution is to have a signal handler for your button
that removes the last character from the text buffer that the text
widget is displaying.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTextBuffer.html