Rebuilding GTK

Hi,
After having run a format on the hard drive, my compiler program is of
course gone. Therefore, I need to rebuild GTK, something which I've never
been good at. So, I read through the guide included with GTK, which tells me
there are packets available. I downloaded one of these, and installed it,
but running it in my compiler tells me nothing. So I suspect there is
something further to be done, but what? Please explain or link to a good
guide of how to do this.

Worth to be mentioned, I suppose, is that I'm running Dev-C++ on Windows XP.