Rebuilding GTK

simon kendall writes:
After having run a format on the hard drive, my compiler program is of
course gone. Therefore, I need to rebuild GTK,

Umm, why?

So, I read through the guide included with GTK, which tells me
there are packets available. I downloaded one of these, and
installed it, but running it in my compiler tells me nothing.

You downloaded one of *what*? And how did you "run" "it" in your
compiler?

It certainly doesn't seem like rebuilding GTK is something you should
attempt. Unless you by "rebuilding" mean something else than "rebuild
from its source code"?

Worth to be mentioned, I suppose, is that I'm running Dev-C++ on Windows XP.

To me it seems that what you really want is to download the developer
packages for GTK+ and its dependencies, and then tell your compiler
where to find the header files and (import) libraries. Please ask on
the Dev-C++ list, or read the documentation that hopefully comes with
Dev-C++.

--tml