Re: gtk setup question

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:43:49PM -0700, Shruthi Koundinya wrote:
I am new to GTK, and have installed the windows (binary) version of GTK on
my computer. I have to use this with Java Memory Profiler. The profiler
tries to find the path to pkg-config GTK+ -2.0 and fails to do so. I tried
to find the gtk+-2.0.pc file so I can point the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to that but
the binary version doesn't contain any .pc files. Do I have to do a source
installation to get that?

pkg-config files are needed for development and therefore
they are present in the development package -- which seems
to be missing.  You did not indicate which Gtk+ binaries you
have installed (there are quite a few of them), so
- If you use Tor's binaries, fetch -dev packages too.
- If you use GladeWin32 replace the Runtime package with
  Development Environment.
- If you use something else... well, you get the idea.

Yeti

--
Anonyms eat their boogers.