Multi-threaded "gtk_main()"s

Hey list,

        I'm currently writing a multi threaded gtk-app, and knowing that calling gtk_main() simultaneously
from different threads is a no-go, I was quite surprised to find that the following fragment seemed to work
when being accidentally called from a thread different from the one which originally called gtk_main()!!
        I have initialized the threading support properly before the initial call to gtk_main() in the main
thread, so I guess gdk_threads_enter() momentarily exits the original gtk_main() - yes??? Is this really
supposed to work, or did I just get lucky???

        gdk_threads_enter();
        gtk_main();
        gdk_threads_leave();

        br - Nikolaj Thygesen