Callback on GIOChannel shutdown?

I've created a GIOChannel watch like this:

        GSource * const command_watch =
            g_io_create_watch(data.command_channel, GIOCondition(G_IO_IN | G_IO_HUP));

I expected the callback associated with this watch to be called after I
shut down data.command_channel with g_io_channel_shutdown; however, that
doesn't appear to be the case.

Is there some other way I can receive notification that the channel has
been shut down?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>