labels and dpi

2006/1/10, Ronald Vincent Tarrant <rontarrant sympatico ca>:

Fernando Apesteguía wrote:

Yes but... in fact if I make a bigger label and the user changes dpi
again,
I run into the same problem. My question is if this is fixable? Or can I
only make bigger the label?

If you're talking about the width, try adding a space at the end of your
string like this: "Label "

It took me a while to figure out what you're talking about, but I
remember running into this when populating a menu. Is that what you're
doing?

If so, that's the only "fix" I could come up with other than doing a lot
of nonsensical calculations with dpi, etc.

-Ron T.

Actually, I want my app behaves for example like the gnome font dialog.
When I change dpi configuration, dialog, gnome panel and others, they expand
their widths and heights to fit the text. Did you try it?.

Maybe I'm missing some widget property to do this automatically. The other
possibility is to code calculations with dpi as you said.