Re: A question about deprecated widget

Jim George napisaÅ(a):
Actually, that feature is not that important to me, the important
part is that scrolled window, instead of that long ugly thing that
a really long list turns GTK_COMBO_BOX into.

I agree that the combo box does look ugly when there are too many elements, but the solution, to me, seems to be to use a different
type of control instead. It's quite painful for a user to choose one
of hundreds of items from a list, and when that list is transient,
it's even worse. I'd say a GtkTreeView would be a better choice of
widget for such an application. Just my 2c.

I'm not opposed to GtkTreeView, however what I want to have is a widget
that displays a list only durring selection and (sometimes) has a single
editable entry field, visible all of the time, just like GtkCombo did.

As for the other reply:
1. I'm a bit new to the list and most of my gtk knowledge comes either
from API reference which is a bit vague on style properties (or at least
I missed the part where it was explained) or from playing with sources
of various programs, most of them containing standard amount of comments
- nearly none.
2. I'm geting a glist/char**, I want to be able to search it, sort it,
remove items I found, change their position, well actually most of it is
for a history list combined with an entry field, if entered item is on
the list, it should be removed from old position and prepended, but in a
diffrent app I'm simply getting a list of strings, I want to change
their order, but it's riddiculously long, so there's neither point nor
possibility of displaying all of them.

And please, stop taking it personally, cause that makes me take it
personally too.
As for the last remark - my goals are mine to choose and only person
with the right to question them is myself.

One more thing, by mistake I sent this message at first only to last poster instead to this list.
Sorry for that.