Re: A question about deprecated widget

Actually, that feature is not that important to me, the important part
is that scrolled window, instead of that long ugly thing that a really
long list turns GTK_COMBO_BOX into.

I agree that the combo box does look ugly when there are too many
elements, but the solution, to me, seems to be to use a different type
of control instead. It's quite painful for a user to choose one of
hundreds of items from a list, and when that list is transient, it's
even worse. I'd say a GtkTreeView would be a better choice of widget
for such an application. Just my 2c.

-Jim