Re: help on scrollbars

<-----Messaggio Originale----->
From: zz excite it
Sent: 30/8/2006 12:20:12 PM
gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: help on scrollbars

<-----Messaggio Originale----->
From: Paul Pogonyshev
Sent: 29/8/2006 8:25:05 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Cc: zz excite it

zz excite it wrote:
Hi,
I'm working on an app and I'm facing the need to access the
button at the end of a vertical scrollbar of a scrolled window
to do something like a

gtk_button_clicked()

to ensure that the widget (a treeview) contained in it
gets scrolled to the end with whatever screen resolution
is used.

Untested. This might help:

gtk_adjustment_set_value (gtk_scrolled_window_get_adjustment
(scrolled_window),
DBL_MAX);

where `scrolled_window' contains the tree, of course. Actually
`DBL_MAX' can be replaced with any large enough value, like
1e100, if you don't want to include `float.h'.

Paul
.

I've tried this already but it doesn't work as expected.
What I get is:
1) I add a row to the treeview and call the function you suggested or
similar
2) the slider of the scrollbar correctly slides to the end
3) the rebounds to the middle of his range

I'm thinking about posting some example code
so that this is reproducible for others......

TIA and Ciao,
Tito

Hi,
in the hope it could be useful to others this is what solved my problem
about gtktreeview autoscrolling when a new row is added:

void list_vertical_autoscroll(GtkWidget *list)
{
GtkTreePath *path;
GtkTreeIter iter;
GtkTreeModel* model;

model = gtk_tree_view_get_model(GTK_TREE_VIEW(list));
path = gtk_tree_model_get_path(GTK_TREE_MODEL(model), &iter);
gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell(GTK_TREE_VIEW(list), path, NULL, TRUE, 0.0,
0.0);
gtk_tree_path_free(path);
}

Thanks and Ciao,
Tito

<P><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"
<BR>
Milioni di oggetti, impossibile non trovare quello che cerchi.<BR>
Dallo spillo all'elefante, non ti stupire.<BR>
Sei su <a href="http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/724-25726-1029-36?id=1";>eBay!</a>

</BODY>