Re: help on scrollbars

<-----Messaggio Originale----->
From: David Neèas \(Yeti\)
Sent: 29/8/2006 6:38:20 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: help on scrollbars

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 02:11:09PM +0200, zz excite it wrote:
I'm working on an app and I'm facing the need to access the
button at the end of a vertical scrollbar of a scrolled window
to do something like a

gtk_button_clicked()

to ensure that the widget (a treeview) contained in it
gets scrolled to the end with whatever screen resolution
is used.

This obviously in the assumption that this little buttons
are real gtk_buttons............

I read most of the source and reference but haven't found
nothing usefull and I also have tried some alternatives like:

void list_vertical_autoscroll(GtkWidget *list)
{
GtkAdjustment *adjustment;

adjustment = gtk_tree_view_get_vadjustment(GTK_TREE_VIEW(list));
gtk_adjustment_set_value(adjustment, adjustment->upper +=
ARBITRARY_BIG_NUMBER);
/*or*/
gtk_adjustment_set_value(adjustment, adjustment->upper
+adjustment->page_size);
}

that achieve some scrolling but not to the very end of the treeview.

The only thing that works the way i would like it is to click with
mouse
on the v button that's why I'm looking for a way to fake this click
with a function.

Could someone make me see the light?

As far as I understand you just need to copy the couple of
lines from step_forward() (or step_back()) in gtkrange.c,
replacing g_signal_emit() with g_signal_emit_by_name().

Yeti

Hi,
Tried this but sadly I was not able to make it work for me.
Probably clicking on the buttons just move up or down
one step and not to the very end of the treeview.

I'm thinking to post some example code to the list
so that my problem could be reproducible for
others....

TIA and ciao,
Tito

<P><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"
<BR>
Milioni di oggetti, impossibile non trovare quello che cerchi.<BR>
Dallo spillo all'elefante, non ti stupire.<BR>
Sei su <a href="http://adfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/724-25726-1029-36?id=1";>eBay!</a>

</BODY>