Re: GLib Eventing

Brian Clow wrote:
I'm developing a cross platform application using Glib to provide
portability.  I've made heavy use of Windows events (i.e. CreateEvent)
in the past - they allow a thread to sleep indefinitely until one of a
group of events is signaled by another thread.  What the best way to do
something similar using Glib?

[...]

It seems GAsyncQueue is the right structure for this purpose - just want
to ensure there's no structures I'm overlooking, or nothing about the
GAsyncQueue which makes it unsuitable for this purpose....

AFAIK using GAsyncQueue for generic synchronization between different
threads (usually the main/GUI thread and working thread) is kind of
standard.

Paul