Re: help me catch up on GTK gui tools

On 6 Aug 2006, at 18:18, Peter Firefly Lund wrote:

(btw. why on Earth do you have to use Solaris at all?  Is it Company
Policy that Cannot be Changed? ZFS and dtrace are cool but isn't that
about it?)

Umm... no. But this is hardly the place for a "My Kernel's Better Than Your Kernel" discussion, so let's just all play nice :)

FWIW, to the OP... if you want an easier way to manage your GNOME dependencies on Solaris, and don't need support from Sun, you might want to investigate the Solaris apt package repository at http:// blastwave.org.

If you prefer to build from source, some of the tools that we use to build GNOME and various other things for Solaris from RPM spec files might be of interest (although they currently work better with the SunStudio compiler than with gcc):

http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net http://www.opensolaris.org/os/ community/desktop/communities/jds/building

Some community-contributed spec files, including gtkmm:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgbuild/spec-files-extra/trunk/

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team