Re: where to find a specific part of the gnome code?

i think its the gnome-volume-manager, i did a grep in /usr on the message
text and found only one file(gnome-volume-manager.mo) that contains the term
(Passwort-Phrase). Right now i killed the whole gnome-volume-manager and
restarted it, and the password requests pop up, i looked thorugh the sources
in cvs, but havent found any parts that look like what i need, but i will
try further.

On 8/7/06, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:

rupert wrote:
> Im at a point with my application where i exactly need the code for the
> function that runs when you have encrypted disks and start gnome.
> I mean the password request for the LUKS devices that pops up when gnome
is
> starting on my ubuntu/dapper machine.
> i looked though the gnome cvs but thats way to much to handle.
>
> My goal:
> In my code i want to execute a cryptsetup shellcommand which gives you
an
> password request after starting,
> i found the gnome_password_dialog, but this doesnt seem the right,
because
> there is no user needed in my request.
> Just for testing I started coding a small gtk_dialog, but at the point
where
> i have to pass the password to the cryptsetup command I am stuck, so I
would
> like to take a look at the code from the gnome tree.

I dont think the component you speak of is really in gnome software...

You can feed the password to cryptsetup using stdin, and you can also
use a gtk/gnome dialog to do so, maybe the ubuntu folks wrote up something
that does this ?

Cheers,
                   -Tristan