Re: resource sizes with gdk-pixbuf-csource

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:21:26AM -0500, Matt Hoosier wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to use gdk-pixbuf-csource for the usual reasons (to eliminate
runtime file access in an application).
[...]
                    Is this just the best I can get, or is there some
more tricky way to make the tool just insert a bytewise copy of the
image file, and let the pixbuf do all decoding at runtime?

Well, the PNG has quiote a few compression tricks which have to be
undone when reading it (unless you can send it down to the X server
as-is). So I'd guess that the "bytewise copy of the image file", like
what is in the program image is more like what csource does. When you
read in the image, it will get expanded anyway.

Regards
-- tomás