Re: Problems with fillpatterns and Gtk for Windows

Guenther Sohler writes:
Now the Letters of the Menus and all the other labels in my program
are gone.  All of them are repalced by these square windows boxes.

Are you using a recent Pango version, and from where? Is your
pango.aliases file borked? Try using Pango 1.12.3 from
ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.8/win32. Also, do you use the ms-windows
("wimp") theme? Does the problem go away if you don't use that? What
is your default font in the Display Properties:Appearance settings?
(Yeah, I know that is a vague question, but my memory of which font
setting it is that affects the ms-windows theme engine is also
vague...) Have you tried changing to some TrueType outline font, like
Arial?

--tml