RE: GtkTextBuffer: (1) save? (2) image inside?

hi,

(1) How can I save its content? I mean, if the
     user wants to save it all, I would like a button to ....
read the documentation:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTextBuffer.html
esp. gtk_text_buffer_get_text ()

     and so on :-) That's a text buffer but with
     colors / bold stuff :-( I would be happy
     with a simpler rendering. More precisely,
     the mouse-1-to-select / mouse-2-to-paste can be
     used to get the text and paste it on a text file.
     It is this output that I would like to recover.
rea http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/TextWidget.html
and the following pages. this describes how gtk text widgets work.

      But I would prefer an icon at the beginning
      of this line (still inside this GtkTextBuffer).
      So how to incorporate an image on this buffer?
again: read the documentation.
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/TextWidget.html
and
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTextBuffer.html