GtkTextBuffer: (1) save? (2) image inside?

Dear all,

 I have a GtkTextBuffer in which my program
tells the user what happens.

(1) How can I save its content? I mean, if the
    user wants to save it all, I would like a button to ....
    and so on :-) That's a text buffer but with
    colors / bold stuff :-( I would be happy
    with a simpler rendering. More precisely,
    the mouse-1-to-select / mouse-2-to-paste can be
    used to get the text and paste it on a text file.
    It is this output that I would like to recover.

(2) This program writes "Beginning of evaluation"
     in bold dark green with a yellow background
     and underlined :-p Yes,  a matter of taste :-D
     But I would prefer an icon at the beginning
     of this line (still inside this GtkTextBuffer).
     So how to incorporate an image on this buffer?

Best and many thanks in advance!
Amities,
             Olivier