Re: Howto really debug gdk_x_error?
- From: "John Cupitt" <jcupitt gmail com>
- To: "Wojciech Kromer" <wojciech kromer dgt com pl>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Howto really debug gdk_x_error?
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:33:07 +0100
On 4/21/06, Wojciech Kromer <wojciech kromer dgt com pl> wrote:
Where is your code called?
-mine is from fimer function added by g_timeout_add
Are You using timers, pthreads, gthreads?
- i'm using pthreads, but there are no gtk call from there
How often are made changes to markupLabel?
-my theread is reading data from external usb device,
and timer function every 50ms displays them
My question to ALL is: are there any tools or methods to find what's wrong?
I have a largish gtk2 application which uses g_thread and does a lot
of painting in idle handlers and I've not seen this problem. It sounds
like a horrible race condition :-(
I've found problems like this in the past by making the smallest
example I can that shows the problem, then using valgrind (or efence
perhaps) and lots of printf()s. A good log file can often reveal
Perhaps you could update every 10ms and get a crash sooner? Sorry not
to be more helpful.
] [Thread Prev