From: David Necas (Yeti) [mailto:yeti physics muni cz]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 1:00 PM
To: Sailaxmi korada
Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: 3000 toggle buttons in a table?

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:24:18PM +0530, Sailaxmi korada  wrote:
  I was trying to fulfill my requirement of 3000 toggle buttons, with list
store...that was just fantastic....But I'm held up with another
requirement...it is like this...
The 16 toggle buttons in a row represent a hex value(they are binary
representations). So whenever I toggle the checkbox, the corresponding hex
value shall be displayed in a text entry and vice versa. I mean if I'm
entering a hex value in text entry then the corresponding toggles shall be
selected/deselected. Is it possible to achieve this using list store....if
yes, can you suggest me an efficient way of doing it...

The bit checkbuttons and the hex representation are
visualizations of the same single list store column, namely
the integer holding the value (if they are not, you tree
model is misdesigned and you should fix it), so if you
update the value in the list store both representations are
updated.

Yeti

--
That's enough.