Re: Gtk+, UTF-8 and translations

Am Dienstag, den 13.09.2005, 21:23 +0200 schrieb HuamiSoft Hubert

Are Gtk+ .po files in UTF-8?

Yes.

If so, don't you have a problem with
msgmerge complaining about invalid multibyte sequence?
I am using gettext in my program and all is fine until when I have to
merge two .po files with msgmerge which removes all multibyte
characters from msgstr tags in my original .po file.

I think msgfmt <= 0.10.35 doesn't handle multibyte characters correctly.
You should upgrade to a recent gettext version.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>