Re: long line in GtkTextBuffer

On 9/12/05, Olivier Sessink <lists olivier pk wau nl> wrote:
Nick Watts wrote:
I would probably never have realised except that I tried to open a very
complex svg file made with inkscape in my editor and it opened fine
but when the text was rendered, the really long line (one extremely complex
path element generated with the trace bitmap function) was simply invisible
and the whole application started moving at a snails pace. It's a fairly
fast computer so I don't think resources are the issue (the whole svg file
is only 12Kb). Anyone have any ideas?

this is a known issue with the gtktextview widget, and there seems to be
no fix ATM. Should be in bugzilla somewhere already.

regards,
        Olivier Sessink

Have you tried setting gtk_text_view_set_wrap_mode to
GTK_WRAP_WORD?

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTextView.html#gtk-text-view-set-wrap-mode