disabling a widget when no rows are selected problem

Hi,

I have a gtk_image_menu_item_new_from_stock that I want to enable / disable when rows are selected and not selected. The problem is that
when I click on a row who is selected it is not unselected but remains
selected. So the function gtk_tree_selection_count_selected_rows return > 0 and the following if does not work:

if (selected < 0 && GTK_WIDGET_SENSITIVE ( Delete_button) ) gtk_widget_set_sensitive (Delete_button,FALSE);
                else gtk_widget_set_sensitive (Delete_button,TRUE);

The complete function that I call when I click on the rows is:

void Activate_delete_button()
{
GtkTreeSelection *selection = gtk_tree_view_get_selection ( GTK_TREE_VIEW (treeview1) );
        gint selected = gtk_tree_selection_count_selected_rows ( selection );
if (selected < 0 && GTK_WIDGET_SENSITIVE ( Delete_button) ) gtk_widget_set_sensitive (Delete_button,FALSE);
                else gtk_widget_set_sensitive (Delete_button,TRUE);
        g_print ("**%d\n",selected);
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--