Re: data acqusition, display and control

Premsagar C wrote:
[...]
  Tristian,
A timeouthandler did the job howvever I still have a few bugs. My data
acuqisition is working and getstting displayed on my text widget as I have
included my timeout in the main . On clicking a button i require to stop the
data acqusition and do a few other operations(they all work). however on
removing the timeout I am not able to use the main menu button anymore. The
system crashes saying there is a segmentation error

Could you elaborate a little please ?

Maybe send a stack trace and/or some of the concerned code ?

Does your program crash when you touch the main menu button ?
Does your main menu button not respond during data aquisition ?
Does your program crash as a result of removing your timeout ?

Cheers,
                           -Tristan