Re: restore size/position of gtk window

Allin Cottrell writes:
Is this on Windows, and does it still work if the window is
maximized when the user exits the program?  Thanks.

At least for GIMP, if one maximizes the GIMP main window (the one with
the toolbox) (which of course is pretty silly as such, but just for
testing) and then exits, when starting it again the window is indeed
the same size as it was when maximized, but it isn't maximized in the
Windows sense, and at least for me with two monitors, one in portrait
and one in landscape orientation, it isn't at the same location
either.

I guess an application would need to store not only the geometry, but
also a flag whether it's maximized or not, to be able to restore a
window in completely the same state? If maximized, the desired
geometry when unmaximized (restored) should probably be stored and not
the geometry when maximized (which is kinda reduntant)?

And what about a full-screen and sticky states? Note that the whole
window state stuff is rather vaguely specified and the win32
implementation quite ad-hoc...

Then there is the added complexity of multiple monitors; an app would
also need to store information on which monitor it was maximized or
full-screenified. (I assume maximization and full-screenification
covers (pun intended) only one monitor also on X11?)

--tml