Drag and Drop in GTK+ 2.4 hangs the mouse pointer

I am experience a problem with GTK DND. It is freezing the mouse pointer
when a drag n drop event is fired. Once the mouse is frozen, the whole
display is locked and I cannot use my mouse and keyboard. I have to kill the
application to get hold of the display. This happens whenever I rapidly drag
and drop a widget many times. Same thing is happening with Tree view list
box. I would like to know if this is a know issue with GTK drag n drop.
Also, I would like to know X mouse signals that I can send to X Server to
relinquish the control.
 Thank you.
 Regards,
Ashish
 PS: I am using Exceed 9.0 as the client to throw the display on a windows
machine.