Re: Multithreading and GTK widgets

Alan M. Evans wrote:
[...]
I would have the GUI thread update the list/tree models, but the
GUI thread spends most of its time sitting in gtk_main.

Ofcourse it does,
   Anything that a GTK+ gui does is inside gtk_main(), you can
get the gui thread to do the updating by passing the
appropriate data to g_idle_add() (the idle handler should run
in the thread thats running gtk_main; i.e. the gui thread).

But essentially; what you might have to do is:
    gtk_widget_queue_draw (treeview);
I seem to remember that treeview updates arent always
automatic.

Cheers,
                                  -Tristan