Usage of g_str_strip

Hey all,

There is a function g_strstrip defined to strip-off the leading and
trailing spaces from a string. However, the working of this function is
a bit confusing.

I have the following code-snippet :

name = g_strstrip ( g_strdup (gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY
(name_entry))));
g_free (name);

Is this leaking memory? I dont understand clearly how g_strstrip works.

Do I need to store the g_strdup in a pointer and free it instead of the
name? The Devhelp doesnt clearly specify anything about it.

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Sankar P
P.S. Since I am not subscribed to this list. Include my address in your
reply.