Re: Building interfaces in GTK: apart GLADE ??

Colossus wrote:
Hi,

I was told that the code that Glade generates is deprecated.

   This is not exactly the case, in the general opinion of the
community; using generated code is depricated.

We have a great tool (libglade) that allows us to bypass this
hard-coded nightmare of generated callbacks & UI build commands,
If you must build the UI without including libxml deps etc,
without the xml parse latency because you are writing a very
specialized program, I'd recommend writing it all out by hand;
at least then you have better control on your specialized app's
design/architecture.

If you must have generated code, I dont see whats wrong with
the code that glade generates (if its simply unmaintained
in glade-2; I'm not aware of that, better ask on
glade-users lists ximian com).

Cheers,
                             -Tristan