Re: Building interfaces in GTK: apart GLADE ??

Tristan Van Berkom schrieb:

If you must have generated code, I dont see whats wrong with
the code that glade generates (if its simply unmaintained
in glade-2; I'm not aware of that, better ask on
glade-users lists ximian com).

See Owen Taylor's quoted statement on generated code [1]. All the points he made are still valid. There is no reason to use generated code. glade has autoconnection capabilities, meaning that you can specifiy "foo_cb" in the glade file as a handler for an event (i.e. a signal emission), define foo_cb in your code and it will magically be invoked when the signal is emitted. [2] has an example showing how simple it is to build a RAD GUI.

[1] http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/glade-devel/2003-March/000029.html
[2] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libglade/libglade-notes.html