Re: What about OCR ?

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 19:37 -0600, Michael Torrie wrote:
On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 09:43 +0200, "Alpe.Nusslé" wrote:
I'm french and I cannot undurstand a long text in english, so I try to
send you this request.

Can we get an OCR function (reconnaissance de caractères en français)
with GIMP ?

Unfortunately I have yet to find an open source or Free OCR program
that works reliably for me.  The best I have used is Finereader
made by http://abbyy.com/ but it is commercial, and I think runs
only under Microsoft Windows, or at any rate is not supported under
any Free operating environment.

There is also gocr but this is much less effective.

Liam