Help system library using GTK

Hi all,
   I want to have a help subsystem in my application, and i am using
GTK.(No GNOME APIs). But I couldn't find any help system package (like
winhelp). I was looking for the one, written in GTK and I should be
able to compile the source in windows and Linux.

   I tried to write my own Help library for my application using
GtkHTML. But there no good ducementaion. Now I am looking into GnuCash
help system source for help.

1) Is there help subsystem library written using GTK ? Any format of
help files will do.
2) Is there any (API) documentation for GtkHTML ?

Thanks in advance
Deekshit M