Re: Help system library using GTK

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Deekshit Mantampady wrote:

  I tried to write my own Help library for my application using
GtkHTML. But there no good ducementaion. Now I am looking into GnuCash
help system source for help.

1) Is there help subsystem library written using GTK ? Any format of
help files will do.

There's the gnome help system, but other than that, no "standard" help system for GTK applications.

2) Is there any (API) documentation for GtkHTML ?

No, the only "documentation" for gtkHTML seems to be the header files.

It would be nice to have some sort of unified GTK help API (even if it was just a wrapper for systems that have their own help system, such as gnome and win32), but so far as I know there's no such thing at present.

Allin Cottrell