Re: Glade C code a bad thing? (was: root windows)

I would support the inclusion of Code generation
in GLADE UI Editor. It is a welcome feature, for those
who would like it. If its not to be in the main tree
atleast put the code into a plugin thats enabled
at default, and users can turn it off, if they prefer.

Personally, I don't think code generation belongs in the Glade UI editor at all. If I modify the .glade file
by hand, I'd rather not have to run the entire Glade software just to update the source files.

That doesn't mean generated code shouldn't be available for those who consider it the best solution to their
particular needs.  Write a utility that reads in .glade files and outputs code.  Call it from your Makefile
to ensure the source files are kept up to date, and everyone's happy.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com