Windows & GTK 2.6.7

I have just installed gtk-win32-devel-2.6.7-rc1 on my XP box and am getting an interesting & a little annoying effect.

My program compiled under the above runs fine but won't quit cleanly. In my callbacks.c I have a function on_ExitButton_delete_event which calls gtk_main_quit(); However clicking this button achieves nothing and clicking the top right hand x does not necessarily destroy the program either. I need to go into TaskManager and end the process.
My compile options include -mwindows -static and -mms-bitfields

What have I done wrong or forgotten to do ?

---

Regards,
Alf Stockton    www.stockton.co.za

Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.
                -- Lily Tomlin