Re: network transparent GTK apps

Am Sun, 15 May 2005 16:40:59 +0100 schrieb Henry Gomersall:

What I want to achieve is a method by which i can control the media
box from any of the other devices (including the PDA).

The architecture we are thinking of utilises some kind of generic
service-advertising/control daemon running on the media box. This is
capable of performing local commands and operations.

On a remote machine (laptop or PDA) exists a program that talks to the
media machine. The media machine forwards something like a glade XML
file to the remote machine which then renders it. At this point it all
becomes a little vague.

Why do you not use "ssh user host command" to access the application
which controls the media pc? And if you share your ssh keys you don't
need to type your passwort. What are the benefits of programming an
complete new client/server system?

regards
Andreas