Re: network transparent GTK apps

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 16:52 +0200, Andreas Volz wrote:
Why do you not use "ssh user host command" to access the application
which controls the media pc? And if you share your ssh keys you don't
need to type your passwort. What are the benefits of programming an
complete new client/server system?

This would indeed be a possible solution. However, I find it slightly
hacky.

Basically, I do not want the client side to be constrained by the
software it already has. I need some ability to dynamically acquire
services.

In fact, I think the problem has already been solved.

Basically, the client python code is forwarded to the client machine by
the server. This contains the gui and CORBA stuff. The server then knows
about it and can handle the CORBA transactions meaningfully.

When I've had chance to look at the code (and make sure its under the
GPL) I'll post more.

cheers
hen
--
Henry Gomersall

"digital" is proving to be a synonym for "crap" - El Reg