Re: And the clipboards lives on...

Le mercredi 23 mars 2005 Ã 08:09 -0500, Freddie Unpenstein a Ãcrit :
I'm wondering if anyone could give me pointers on placing some text in the clipboard, without it vanishing
as soon as the program closes.

As I read the API, gtk_clipboard_store() is supposed to make the clipboard contents remain after the
application has finished.  I assume I'm missing something...  Probably something fairly simple.  ;)

Any help would be much appreciated...  Yes again...  :)

A related link:
http://ubuntuguide.org/#keepclipboardinmemorygnome
this app is meant to keep the clipboard after apps are closed.
I imagine it does a refcount so the clipboard contents are always owned
by an application, or maybe it just always makes a copy (must be
documented as part of X selections).
I don't know why this isn't the standard behavior.