Re: Using GObject library to create a lot of objects

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 11:30 +0800, Falls Huang wrote:

Hello!

Hi!

      (sorry for my poor english first)
      I took a glance at the src of gobject. It's seemed that the gobject
doesn't have a "copy-on-write" function which QT's share class has.
(http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/shclass.html)

      If u want to create thousands of GObject and don't modified them at
once, I suggest u use some methods which can achieve "copy-on-write" in
GObject ( I don't know how to do :( ).

btw: Why don't the developers of GObject add copy-on-write function to
GOject ?  Does the GObject really need copy-on-write ?

I think g_object_ref () could do it to you. This fuction gets a
reference to an object, increments the reference count and return a
another reference to the same object, like these "shared classes" in QT.

But it's a good tip. Thanks!

[]'s

--fx