Using GObject library to create a lot of objects

Hi people!

I'm thinking develop an application using the GObject library, but I
have a dilemma: use or not use the GObject library. This application is
object-oriented but will be able to create-use-destroy a lot of objects
(10.000 or more) during the execution of this application.

Thus, my question is: I should or I shouldn't use the GObject to make my
objects? What is the impact of the overhead due using it?

Best Regards,

--fx