Re: drawing stuff inside the TreeView

Well, not really. You just pack PixbufRenderer into
column, and give it
a pixbuf showing a circle. It's entirely up to you
how you get the
circle, drawing it in GIMP and saving as PNG loaded
by your app

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, I need many
differently colored circles (more than 50) to insert
in front of a text in CellRenderer. Right now, the
only way I see how to do this is to have 50 different
.png (or smth else) files each holding a circle of a
different color. But this seems like an extremely
inefficient solution. Is there a better way?

Maybe like only hold 1 file of a white color, and
whenever I need a different color, change it inside my
application and use it. But I didn't find any tools in
Gtk that would manipulate image/pixbuf for me .....

Any suggestions? Thanks.

--- Maciej Katafiasz <ml mathrick org> wrote:

Dnia 22-06-2005, ¶ro o godzinie 11:17 -0700, Alexei
D napisa³:
Tim, thank you VERY much for the answer! Just one
question. You said:

use ready-made circles in form of GdkPixbufs.

where do I find those ready-made icons? Are you
refering to GTK stock items?

Well, not really. You just pack PixbufRenderer into
column, and give it
a pixbuf showing a circle. It's entirely up to you
how you get the
circle, drawing it in GIMP and saving as PNG loaded
by your app is as
good idea as any; having stock items would be good,
but I don't think
there are any stock items supporting concept of
"give me a circle".

Cheers,
Maciej

--