how to assign full access rights to guest

hi
I am using Linux fedora core 3.
I want to shutdown the system from  .bash_profile  file using
cd /sbin
./shutdown -g o
but when I run the file otherthan a superuser it is giving error message as
             " to run "shutdown" u must be a root"
 but i want to execute shutdown command  as  a non root user (Ex: guest)
Even i have used  command for changing the ownership as

chown "guest" /root -R      Still it is giving error.

if u find solution mail me at      hvreddy1110 gmail com

thankyou

regards
Harsha