Re: GtkListStore and Threads problems

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 15:20 -0300, Lorena Salinas wrote:
Hi,

This is what I do inside the worker_thread function
(create_and_start_worker_thread ()) every time I want to update the
model:

gdk_threads_enter();          /* get GTK thread lock */

gtk_list_store_set (GTK_LIST_STORE (host_model), &iter,
                      MYMODEL_COL_STATUS, STATUS_NORMAL,
              -1);

gdk_threads_leave();          /* release GTK thread lock */

I don't know if the problem is because the model is sorted by that
column. I set this using : gtk_tree_view_column_set_sort_column_id

Which is fine. Presumably the problem is in the main thread. You
are forgetting to get the lock in a timeout or something like that.

Regards,
                                                Owen