Re: cloning an object ...

ANSWER from the list : Make an item with the same name to all the
menus, and connect the same callback to both/all of them. This is the
only way to do this
currently, in the future you can do it with *GtkUIManager* magic, but
that's in the future...

:( so , there is no 'gtk_ui_manager_get_ui' available. I have try
found out another way ...

Is this an old message in a mail archive ?

It is an absolutly up-to-dated message.
http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-developers/2005-July/000770.html

gtk_ui_manager_get_ui() /is/ in the GTK+ API docs, check it out.

I'm pretty sure you just have to use a seperate GtkUIManager for
each menu respectively (and rebuild the 'slave' menus entirely every
time the master menu changes).

But again, the GTK version available at this environment (Nokia 770
... www.maemo.org) is a customized version of the default GTK
available for x86 (it may be the problem).

regards

-- Antonio Gomes