Re: cloning an object ...

Antonio Gomes wrote:
[...]
Depending on what you are trying to acomplish, you probably want to
forget about cloning objects and take some other approach, but
you are welcome to take a look at the `glade_widget_dup()' function
in glade-widget.c (cvs co glade3).

hummmm ... I got it. Well, being honest, I don't wanna to use any
glade function, since I hope there is a simplest way to do this.

Well,
   I wasn't sugesting that you link with glade (which wouldn't work
anyway), just sugesting that you look at the code I wrote to get the
feel of how to do it yourself.

Let me explain better my situation: Basicly, I have a populated menu
widget, and I *must* to clone it between two window (I don't wanna to
share it between two windows)..

Hmm,
     then your probably better off writing some menu specific code;
rather than writing GObject based generic code.

Heres an idea thats kindof a shot in the dark:

    - Build your first menu and make it the "master" menu (i.e. always
      base your replicas on the "master menu"), use GtkUIManager for it.

    - When building your replica menu(s), use
      `gtk_ui_manager_get_ui (master_menu)'.

Seems like it should work, but it might be a naive guess :-/

HTH,
                        -Tristan