window and children resizable

Hello all,

I found that if a create a window and I put inside this window a widget, the window could not resize itself to a size smaller than the one requested by its child. How to overcome this problem?

I would like to have a window with all widgets that changes the size accordingly to the main container window's size. Is this easy to do? I do not see any way of doing it with set_size_request,
nor by using requisition/allocation event handling.

TIA

Luca