Re: window and children resizable

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 08:06, Luca Cappa wrote:
Hello all,

I found that if a create a window and I put inside this window a widget,
the window could not resize itself to a size smaller than the one
requested by its child. How to overcome this problem?

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkScrolledWindow.html

Adding a scrolled window and then placing you widgets inside will allow
the window to be sized smaller than the child request size.  You don't
have to show the scroll bars if you don't want that, but it's probably a
good idea.  There might be a better way to do this, but I'd use the
scrolled window so when the user does resize the window they can still
scroll to the part they want displayed.

I would like to have a window with all widgets that changes the size
accordingly to the main container window's size. Is this easy to do? I
do not see any way of doing it with set_size_request,
nor by using requisition/allocation event handling.

Once the window size is above the min size requested by the children,
the widgets should size themselves according to how you packed them.