How to hide initialigation screen in FC3

HI
I am using Linux Fedora Core 3.
When we swith on linux system it will show booting information and
some other things and
after that it will asks for login user name and password.
Now i want to run all the initialigation and booting information in
the back ground
during that time i want to display some image or any theme on the
screen.after the initialigation is completed it should directly ask me
for user name and password.
Is the above thing is possible in FC3?if so plz reply me.

Thanks in advance.
regards
Harshavardhan